We offer through a variety of certified courses through Parchmen Academy . Keep a lookout for our updates on the courses coming up or drop us an email at email@example.com for more information.
We offer as well a combination of Coffee and Tea as well for baristas.
Please check out our facebook page for updates on the upcoming course.
CoffeeSpecialty Association Coffee (SCA) Certified Courses
Introduction to Coffee
Learn about coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today. From growing the cherries through grading, roasting, and brewing, this module provides an overview of the coffee value chain.
Barista Skills Module (Foundation and Intermediate)
Learn the practical skills you need behind the espresso bar: learn how to set your grinder, milk techniques and latte art, health and safety, customer service, and basic business practices.
Brewing Module (Foundation and Intermediate)
Learn about the variety of methods for brewing coffee and the brewing variables that affect quality. The Brewing module provides hands-on learning on grind profiles, brewing methods, measuring coffee strength and charting a coffee’s extraction.
Green Coffee Module (Foundation)
Learn about the key concepts surrounding green coffee: production, processing, grading, shipping, storage, arrival at destination, as well as coffee contracts and portfolio management.
Roasting Module (Foundation)
Learn about the roasting process, including roast cycle, roast levels, identifying defects, the physical changes that beans undergo during the roasting process, as well as work space management and lean production.
- Latte Art (download brochure here)
- Coffee Brewing
- Tea Taster Course
- Learn about teas journey from its origins in China to the major commodity it is today. From growing the plant through processing and brewing, this module provides an overview of the tea value chain.
- Science behind the water quality for tea, tasting and smelling.
- Understand the various process of brewing tea and how it affects the flavour.
- Tea brewing via various methods
- Differentiate different tea classes, specialty and commercial tea
- Theory of tea pairing and application.
- Construct own flavour wheel.
- Explain tea health benefits.
- Business and Science of Tea (collaboration with Singapore Polytechnic)
- Tea is a common beverage in many countries. However, it is limited to the very usual menu of colonial style red tea blends and green teas from limited producing countries like India, Sri Lanka and Japan, while ignoring the whole spectrum of other types of teas from China and Korea, as well as other minor tea producing countries like Vietnam and Myanmar. Tea menus in local F&B establishments do not diversify much. The reasons for this include lack of knowledge due to inadequate training and misconception that tea is confusing and difficult to understand.
F&B establishments could potentially benefit more from tea by serving specialty teas with a wide spectrum of processing methods and flavours. To achieve this, there is a need to equip F&B operators with the knowledge to serve such teas. This course aims to address these concerns and equip participants with the adequate knowledge on tea awareness and handling.