Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Coffee Skills Program - Green Coffee
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
SCA GREEN COFFEE FOUNDATION
This is an introductory course that covers key concepts surrounding green coffee from growing the plant, through processing, shipping and storage to arrival at a roastery. The course is ideally suited for people new to the coffee industry or those looking to gain an insight into the broad subject matter of green coffee. It includes an introduction to the basics of quality checks, coffee grading, and taste/flavor differences due to processing or species.
- The Foundation level provides a first taste of a specific coffee discipline and is a great way to get insight into a module to help you decide if you want to go on to learn more.
- The Foundation level requires no previous experience
SCA GREEN COFFEE INTERMEDIATE
This course is designed to build on the knowledge gained in the Green Coffee Foundation course and prepare the student for more complex job functions found in the green coffee profession. Specifically:
- Botany and agronomy are developed further
- Processing is explored in more detail and quality as a result of processing is introduced as a concept
- Defects as well as positive grading variables are introduced to the student
- Core elements of green coffee contracts are introduced
- Grading and quality differentiation with regard to contracts is introduced
- Seasonality and quality storage variables are introduced as concepts
- Market terminology is developed further
- Decaffeination is developed further
- Mechanisms of certification are explored in further detail
- It is recommended that students have been working for a minimum of six months in a job with exposure to green coffee before taking this module, and ideally around twelve months minimum.
- Pre-requisite: Intro to Coffee, Green Coffee Foundation, Sensory Foundation, Sensory Intermediate (recommended only)
Parchmen & Co
21 Tampines Street 92, Singapore 528891
9.30 am - 6 pm